Trading Journal Of A Beginner

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The USD/JPY pair fell initially during the week but found enough support at the 50% Fibonacci retracement level to turn around and form a hammer. The hammer of course is a bullish sign and therefore I think that the buyers are starting return. If we can break above the 112.50 level the market then goes to the 115 level. Longer-term, I expect bullish pressure but this is more of an investment than a short-term trade.

usdjpy-w1-riston-capital-ltd-2.png

The New Zealand dollar trying to rally initially, but found enough selling pressure to turn things around and break below the 0.70 level. On the chart, you can see that the 0.69 level has offered support in the past, as well as the 50% Fibonacci retracement level. So, because of this, I think that the markets probably going to reach lower, but it is going to be choppy between now and then.

nzdusd-w1-riston-capital-ltd.png

The EUR/GBP pair bounced from the 0.85 level below, turning around a bearish move from the previous week. Because of this, the market looks as if it is going to try to rally from here, reaching towards the top of the symmetrical triangle. On the other hand, if we break down below the uptrend line, I feel the market will fall rather significantly. Either way, expect choppiness, this is “Ground Zero” for “Brexit.”

eurgbp-w1-riston-capital-ltd.png

There is little to say about this pair except that it has no long-term trend, although it does have a medium-term bullish trend. The price fell in line with the drop in the U.S. Dollar yesterday, but it seems to be recovering from an area close to the nearest support, just above the parity level. There are probably going to be better trading opportunities elsewhere.

usdchf-w1-riston-capital-ltd.png

• 2 weeks later...

This pair is still moving with quite a lot of volatility. The most interesting feature technically is that the long-term upper bearish channel trend line looks as if it is about to be tested. A break above there could signify that the long-term bearish trend is coming to an end.

usdjpy-d1-riston-capital-ltd-4.png

Archived