What traffic source do you prefer for native ads?

Rate this topic

• 1 month later...

I run an eCommerce store and advertise with native ads mostly on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. They offer robust targeting options, so I can reach my target audience more effectively. Also, people usually access them from their phones. The conversion rates are generally around 60% higher on mobile phones than on desktops, as I read, and it's true in my case. When choosing the right ad network, I want to make sure that the ad network has a large reach and can deliver a significant volume of traffic to my website. Also that it offers targeting options that are relevant to eCommerce. And lastly, the ad network needs to have a good reputation in terms of transparency, performance, and customer service.

• Like 1

I usually look for a reputable network with good CPMs and clear payment terms when choosing an ad network for native ads. I also look at the platform's targeting options, like geo-targeting, to make sure that my ads reach the right people and are in the best format for the product or service I'm advertising.

Edited by Martin
  • Like 1

Native ads are ads that blend in with the content of the website or platform they are displayed on, making them appear more natural and less intrusive to the user. The success of native ads often depends on the quality of the traffic source. Here are some of the most popular traffic sources for native ads:

Native ad networks: Native ad networks, such as Outbrain and Taboola, are platforms that connect advertisers with publishers who display native ads on their websites or apps. These networks often have a large pool of publishers and can provide access to a wide range of audiences.

Social media: Social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, offer native ad formats that blend in with the user's feed. These platforms have large user bases and sophisticated targeting options, allowing advertisers to reach specific audiences.

Content recommendation engines: Content recommendation engines, such as Revcontent and Content.ad, are platforms that suggest content to users based on their browsing behavior. These platforms often display native ads alongside content recommendations.

Programmatic advertising: Programmatic advertising uses algorithms to automate the buying and selling of advertising space. Programmatic platforms, such as DoubleClick and AppNexus, can offer native ad formats and sophisticated targeting options.

Ultimately, the choice of traffic source depends on the goals of the native ad campaign and the target audience. Advertisers should carefully evaluate the options available and choose the traffic source that best meets their needs.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 5:39 PM, whatsthatsupposedtomean said:

I run an eCommerce store and advertise with native ads mostly on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. They offer robust targeting options, so I can reach my target audience more effectively. Also, people usually access them from their phones. The conversion rates are generally around 60% higher on mobile phones than on desktops, as I read, and it's true in my case. When choosing the right ad network, I want to make sure that the ad network has a large reach and can deliver a significant volume of traffic to my website. Also that it offers targeting options that are relevant to eCommerce. And lastly, the ad network needs to have a good reputation in terms of transparency, performance, and customer service.

I agree. To me, advanced targeting and company transparency is also a decisive factor. I'm not that into social media advertising(it's a thing of me) but I guess e-commerce fits pretty well with that channel. Thanks for your reply! 🙂

On 3/28/2023 at 11:43 AM, Martin said:

I usually look for a reputable network with good CPMs and clear payment terms when choosing an ad network for native ads. I also look at the platform's targeting options, like geo-targeting, to make sure that my ads reach the right people and are in the best format for the product or service I'm advertising.

As figured, we think similarly. Can you recommend me some native ad networks that worked for you, please? I know about MGID, Outbrain, Taboola, RevContent but I was wondering if you've tested less "known" platforms.

• Like 1