Pepsi In China

alice29

Pepsi had a difficult time in China because of the translations.

1. In 1958, Pepsi’s slogan was “Be sociable” which translated as, “Be intimate.” Sales dropped.

2.Pepsi then changed their slogan in 1961 to, “Now it’s Pepsi for those who think young” which was translated to, “New Pepsi is for people with the minds of children.” Sales dropped even more.

3.“Come alive in with Pepsi!” became “Pepsi brings your ancestors back from the dead.” and the catch phrase “Come alive! You’re in the Pepsi generation,” was instead heard as “Resurrect! Your body will be made of Pepsi!”

B)

• 2 weeks later...

why dont you like google? is there any reasons why you dont like it specifically? i think google is better than yahoo and i believe that most internet users use google rather than yahoo or bing...

it looks old for me, not attractive enough like yahoo. thats all. :rolleyes: i wonder if people in china are still drinking pepsi today.

why are you wondering if china people still drinking pepsi? is pepsi not saleable in china now?

well i tell you Alice, Google gives better result than yahoo.. that is why most users online use google.. including the geeks... because google has a keyword filtering functions that is not available in bing and yahoo..

sometimes it's depends on the people of a country whether they like or not the taste or brand...in my country...people love coke more than pepsi..sometimes people do not even want pepsi here :p

ya, same here blues03...

@alice, really? i did not know that.. i never joined promos in pepsi..

Archived