Chinese New Year

alice29

Chinese New Year is the longest and most important celebration in the Chinese calendar. The Chinese year 4709 begins on Feb. 3, 2011.

Chinese months are reckoned by the lunar calendar, with each month beginning on the darkest day. New Year festivities traditionally start on the first day of the month and continue until the fifteenth, when the moon is brightest. In China, people may take weeks of holiday from work to prepare for and celebrate the New Year. B)

• 2 weeks later...

really, that's the result of your search? i wonder whats your sign. :wacko: if it said a boring year ahead of you then go break that prediction by doing more exciting things this year. anyway it depends on what we do and not a hundred percent on these signs lol. :biggrin:

no, i havent seen a real live lion danced.. i think it is amusing to see a lion dance.. do you have a video about it? maybe il search in youtube later..no wonder why girls like horoscope in such a way that they add facebook apps about horoscopes.. and it shocked me when i saw some of my male friends actually do have those apps in facebook...Olala!

hahaha, are they really male or female? :rolleyes: you must be thinking of their real gender now lol. well it's just an image of a lion made with cloth and then persons will go inside it and make it dance. they say if you have seen it live then you'll get lucky that year. :rolleyes:

no, its not lion. i guess you are talking about dragon.. it is a chinese dragon dance... they practice a lot especially during new year and in places where there is a filipino- chinese community...

no it's the lion dance, thats what they call it, if you search for the images you'll see it. there is fil-chinese community here but it's far from where i live. :biggrin:

Archived