SURPRISE HEADLINES IN Q1 2024

Coingecko has just released their Q1 2024 report, and it's safe to say that there weren't many surprises. Let's delve into some intriguing highlights from the report.

First and foremost, we witnessed a staggering increase in the first quarter, with the market cap reaching a remarkable $1.1 trillion, nearly double the previous figure of $0.61 trillion. Another noteworthy development was the exponential growth of Solana memecoins, which soared by an astounding $8.32 billion in market cap. Many of us foresaw these advancements, given the prevailing bullish momentum surrounding Solana tokens and the broader crypto ecosystem.

However, what caught some off guard was the lack of growth in trading activity for Binance, Bybit, and OKX this quarter, while Bitget recorded a notable 3% increase, climbing from 9% to 12%. This surprised me, and I speculate that users may have withdrawn their support from these prominent exchanges due to recent allegations and issues with the US government.

All in all, the report provided valuable insights, and I'll include a link below for those interested in delving deeper. I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter and how you believe these findings will impact your predictions for the next quarter in the crypto ecosystem.

Link to 2024 Q1 Crypto Industry Report: https://www.coingecko.com/research/publications/2024-q1-crypto-report