• 3 months later...

9 Things to Do on Your Day Off to Really Recharge

1. Handle those errands!
  2. Get yourself moving.
  3. Respect your way of recharging.
  4. Eat well.
  5. Prepare for the morning.
  6. Take a nap.
  7. Watch your stimulant and alcohol use.
  8. Build in a treat.
  9. Lastly, do what you can to unplug and enjoy the day.

Thanks for the post.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 9/3/2022 at 9:59 AM, Tommy Hebert said:

What do you do in your spare time? I don't know what to do, I've been bored a lot lately. I used to love reading, watching movies. And now I don't even know what I can be interested in. What do you do? How do you distract yourself from boredom?

I think it's time for you to find a new passion that will keep you busy in your spare time. As you love reading books or watching movies, I recommend you try sports, maybe soccer/football, biking, etc, or going to the gym. 

Doing sports will keep you healthy and energic. At least, thats what works for me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I read a lot. It is something I have been doing for more than 23 years. Even if I get some free time, you can find me digging into a book or an online article. Reading always helped me with the knowledge gathering. I am a programmer by profession. And being born in the early 90s, I have witnessed the technology transition and its fast-paced takeover of workplaces.

When AI was first introduced I was completely unknown to the concept. As a programmer, working for a leading AI development services provider, it is something you are curious to know. Once I started reading journals and books on AI, I discovered its mesmerising abilities.

So, yes reading is something I will always do. 

• Like 1

• Root Admin
17 minutes ago, ElioB said:

I read a lot. It is something I have been doing for more than 23 years. Even if I get some free time, you can find me digging into a book or an online article. Reading always helped me with the knowledge gathering. I am a programmer by profession. And being born in the early 90s, I have witnessed the technology transition and its fast-paced takeover of workplaces.

When AI was first introduced I was completely unknown to the concept. As a programmer, working for a leading AI development services provider, it is something you are curious to know. Once I started reading journals and books on AI, I discovered its mesmerising abilities.

So, yes reading is something I will always do. 

Thank you for the details, @ElioB but trust me there is no need to add SEO links in your message 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Root Admin
On 1/19/2024 at 7:04 PM, harleybutler said:

There are no days off, practice, practice, practice, that is the only way to win.

This doesn't work for me. I need days off to clear my head and come up with other perspectives, new ideas, etc!