Computer Programming

Rate this topic

I've long wanted to sit down and learn Python. I studied C++ and Java throughout my studies at HS and college, and even tinkered a little more with Arduino. Not a wizard, just a hobby. I did the room layout and THC controller for my CNC plasma, but ended up using other equipment instead. Be careful, the video is a little boring, lol.
Since I don't have a teacher to teach myself, I'm lonely. I looked through the basics of Python and started several online courses. It seems simple so far, but I still feel like I'm missing more information about how things work. The training format confuses me a bit.

What is the best starting point to start learning Python 3? I found several places where payment is required, for example, Udemy. The cost is low, but I was wondering which site (including payment-based) is the best choice?

I think you're doing it right. When I've had friends that wanted to learn to code, I always tell them to pick a project and work on that; figure out how to do it with a goal. Something you're interested in.

I've wanted to spend more time with python, but I always just revert back to doing projects in C, as I can knock them out the fastest. If scripting, I still use Perl a lot, but if I haven't used it in a while, I'm looking back at my previous scripts and wondering WTF. I do this shit for a living though, and while I used to spend more time on personal projects, lately, I've just wanted to finish work and go home and do other things.