Potato Chips

alice29

The month and day are uncertain (probably August 24), but the year 1853 is certain. Native American Chef George Crum invented potato chips at Moon's Lake House in Saratoga Springs, New York. Supposedly a particularly fussy customer kept sending his french fries back to the kitchen as being too thick. Finally, Chef Crum decided to cut the potatoes paper thin; and to his ultimate surprise, the customer loved them! Saratoga Chips, later called Potato Chips, were born.

Pringles Potato Chips were introduce in 1969 by Procter & Gamble. Pringles are made from potatoes that have been cooked, mashed, dehydrated and then reconstituted into a dough. Pringles are cut into a uniform size and shape, then packaged in air-tight canisters designed to extend their shelf life.

B)

• 4 weeks later...

hey did you get the funny side of the story? :smile: it turned out that the customer liked it even the chefs intention was to make the customer real angry. :biggrin: anyway pringles potatoe chips here is expensive so i dont usually buy it. :wacko:

yes, i realized the funny story... and yes,, pringles is expensive so i buy a lot.. joke! i mean i dont buy it.. i never bought it in my life.. but i have tasted it when a friend bought one and i asked for a bite.. so that is why i know it is delicious..