Can Utility like DeFi Transform a Memecoin's Status?

Hey guys, I'm inclined to believe that memecoins are generally fueled by community hype and even KOL or celebrity figures. The recent of these peculiar example I can remember is SLERF.

What seems to both catch my attention and puzzle me is when memecoin tend to have utility. Yesterday I saw Catamoto which I knew as a memecoin were now having DeFi functionalities and were even forging strategic partnership with big names like BlueZilla.

And Unlike others, they offer immediate access to tokens at the Token Generation Event with no lockup period enhancing transparency.  And with the focus on innovation and investor trust, plus the listing of CATA on Bitget, it is evident that Catamoto is a meme coin worth keeping your eye on. 

Nevertheless, my question is, do project like these stop being a memecoin? Can this be a DeFi platform with its memecoin or just a memecoin forever? What is the threshold? Are there others like this?

Cheers guys

1715956075926.png

1715956096076.jpg

Memecoins represent a subcategory of cryptocurrencies centered around popular internet memes, pop-cultural references, and viral online trends.

Famous examples of these sorts of memes include the Japanese Shiba Inu dog Kabosu and different iterations of the Pepe the Frog cartoon, but even reach as far as celebrities like Elon Musk.

Posted (edited)

I agree with you on this when a meme project becomes successful, it can become a well-established project, like Pepe. CATA is building with them having utility, which is impressive, and being listed on Bitget is a big plus. This means CATA has a good chance of becoming a well-known and widely accepted project in the cryptocurrency market.

Edited by Smilezcryt