Coping with the Binance-Nigeria Government Saga as a Nigerian P2P Trader

My 2penny view midst the ongoing uncertainty surrounding Binance and the Nigerian government. As someone directly affected by these events, I wanted to share my personal experiences and hear how you all are coping with this unfortunate situation.

You see, like many of you, I have been an avid user of Binance's peer-to-peer (P2P) platform, which has allowed me to buy and sell cryptocurrencies without any third-party interference. It was convenient, reliable, and provided a seamless trading experience. However, the recent clash between the Nigerian government and Binance has drastically changed the landscape.

I must admit, the accusations made by the government, stating that Binance was contributing to the devaluation of the Naira against the dollar, have left me feeling uncertain and anxious about the future of my crypto activities tbh. The Nigerian government has taken significant actions, imposing a whopping $10 billion fine and disabling Binance's P2P platform for Nigerian users. This has undoubtedly shaken the foundation of our trading community.

As I sit here contemplating the potential consequences of losing access to such a prominent and strategic crypto hub like Nigeria, I can't help but wonder: What will happen to us? What will happen to our businesses? Will we lose the reliable and trustworthy platform we've come to depend on?

In light of these events, I have been actively searching for viable alternatives to Binance. While other centralized exchanges (CEX) continue to operate in Nigeria, the question remains: Which platform can offer a reliable and secure trading experience in this unstable climate? I have come across options like Bybit & Bitget, which still offer NGN trading pairs for P2P trading. However, I'm torn between staying loyal to Binance despite the clampdown and exploring new avenues for my trading activities.

I want to hear from you, How are you coping with this challenging situation? Are you staying with Binance despite the obstacles and increasing customer migration to other exchanges? Your insights and perspectives would be highly valuable as we navigate this uncertain path together.

@Ryah Ojay