Technical Analysis Reversal Indicators In 2022!

skrimon

There are hundreds of reversal indicators and each of them works according to its own principle. I will not analyze examples in detail, I will only describe groups of such indicators in general terms:

Oscillators. Reversal indicators that identify overbought and oversold zones. If the oscillator is in the overbought zone, it reverses and prepares to exit it, then we can talk about a potential change in the direction of the current trend. It is important that the indicator exits the zone as close as possible to a 90° angle with respect to the horizontal border of the zone. Examples: Stochastic, RSI, DeMarker.

Channel indicators. In theory, the price aims to reach its equilibrium value, i.e. the state of balance between supply and demand. When it moves away from its average value, the balance is violated, but sooner or later, the price comes back again.

Note:  Check out the New Year Promo Event of LiteFinance!

The amplitude of price fluctuations forms a channel, and most often reversals occur at the borders of this channel. Examples of such indicators: Bollinger Bands, Donchian Channel. Classic simple indicators with different periods. Most often, moving averages (simple, exponential), stochastics, etc. are used.

Determining the pivot point is basically waiting for the moment when all the lines converge together, after which the trend will reverse and the indicators will diverge. Examples of such strategies with Stochastics (Spud’s thread), MA, Alligator, and Anti-Alligator are described in this review.

Remember that indicators are just algorithms built on a particular mathematical formula. They have many shortcomings: they lag and do not take into account the fast-changing character of the market situation, i.e. the illogical actions of big capital owners.

They are constantly improved, various smoothing models are used, but this does not significantly affect the signal performance. Therefore, be careful when relying on the signals of reversal indicators: double-check them on other timeframes, compare with the data of other tools.

13 hours ago, uncle gober said:

The selection of the existing broker must be able to be considered carefully, this is done so that traders can be maximized in getting the security and comfort of trading together with Tickmill.

I prefer to do my Forex trading with the International and Regulated Forex Broker FXOpen Markets. They allow me to do News Trading and Scalping trades 🙂

• 1 year later...

Earn efficiency at technical analysis to predict the price of currencies. Before making investment, grow your knowledge as much as possible so you can survive for a long time. An investment can help you reach your targeted position. Invest your capital in a good trading broker. The minimum deposit with FXOpulence broker is $100 and they use segregated accounts to provide security of funding.