I'm Looking For A Good Savings Account

cohan99

Hello I am new to this would someone please help me?

If you would either suggest a website, book, something like that to explain this to me.

I am looking to build as much interest on a savings account as I possibly can. What bank offers a high interest rate with a very low (like $300 or less) required beginning deposit amount? I am going to aim to save $3K by January 1st 2013. Also, how does interest work? So lets say I put $1,000 in a savings account on March 1st 2012 and I have an interest rate of 1% the $1,000 has to stay in there till March 1st 2013 to receive $10 on it? How does interest work?

Please and thank you

Free Credit Score

It's going to be hard to find much better than 1% to 1.5% in a liquid savings account in present times. But some other things to consider is the customer service and convenience at a bank. Are you able to talk to a human being and not a machine? Do they have a branch close to you with convenient hours? Can i get money in a timely manner if i need to? Free Credit Score